BOLSA DE TRABAJO Y BECAS:
BECA DE DESARROLLO PROFESIONAL OAS SCHOLARSHIP– INICTEL-UNI FUNDAMENTOS DE LA GESTIÓN DE SERVICIOS IT CON LA ISO 22000 (INTERNACIONAL):
Fecha de publicación: 21 de julio del 2016
La OEA / citel y el Instituto Nacional de Investigaciones y Capacitación en Telecomunicaciones de la Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (INICTEL-UNI) ofrecen becas completas para "Fundamentos de la gestión de servicios it con la Norma ISO 20000".
NOTA: Se requiere conocimientos avanzados de inglés. Las clases serán dictadas 100% en inglés. La beca está direccionada para todos los países miembros OAS, excepto Perú.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS TO OAS SCHOLARSHIPS
PLEASE READ BEFORE STARTING
OAS ProfessionalDevelopment Scholarship Program
Fundamentalsof IT Service Management with ISO 20000
2. Coordinator of the course: Regional TrainingCenter of the Inter-American Telecommunication Commission (CITEL): National Telecommunication Research andTraining Institute of the Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería(NationalUniversity of Engineering) (INICTEL-UNI). Coordinator: Eng. Isabel Guadalupe Sifuentes: Phone: (51-1) 626-1400 Extension: 7201, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Start and end dates of the course: October 17 to November 17, 2016
4. Modality of the course: Distance
5. Course duration: Four (4) weeks
6. Language of instruction: English
7. Course Objectives:
General Objective: Toacquire an understanding of the ISO 20000 framework for IT service management.
• To understand the ISO 20000 framework, itsprocesses and requirements
• To gain a management vision for successful ISO20000 implementation, covering both tangible and intangible aspects
• To understand how ISO 20000 works and itspotential contribution to the IT organization
• To identify potential bottlenecks in processcontrol and provide positive remedial action.
8. Course Content:
Week 01 – Introduction to ITSM and regulations
• IT Service Management
• ISO 20000 and ITSM
• Use and application of the standard
• Certification scheme
Week 02 – Integration and Coordination Processes
• Management System Requirements
• Planning Implementing Service Management
• Planning and implementing changes and newservices
Week 03 – Service Delivery Processes
• Service Level Management
• Capacity Management
• Service Continuity and Availability Management
• Budgeting and Accounting for IT Services
• Report Management
• Managing Information Security
Week 04 – Resolution, Control and Delivery Processes
• Incident Management
• Problem Management
• Configuration Management
• Change Management
• Delivery Management
Week 05 – Resolution, Control and Delivery Processes
• Managing Business Relationships
• Managing Supplier Relations
9. Course Methodology: The course will be 100% deliveredonline asynchronously through the INICTEL-UNI virtual training platform. Eachstudent is expected to participate by reading the material, make writtencontributions to discussions, forums and activities, and the tests to bedefined by the professor. These techniques will ensure the necessary time flexibilityfor the participants to be able to organize themselves in the way that bestsuits them.
All activities will be evaluatedbased on a 20-point grade; to pass the course the minimum score is 70%,equivalent to 14 points.
• Participation in forums: 20% of total grade.
• Handing activities/assignments: 50% of total grade.
• Course evaluations: 30% of total course grade.
a) Be a citizen or permanent resident of an OAS member state, Except Perú since it is the course venue. (Residents must send a copy of their visa.)
b) Participant profile: Information technology managers, information security officers, riskofficers, compliance and governance officers, internal / IT / operationsauditors, security / audit / risk / governance consultants, professionalsinterested in information security impacts and management.
• No health certificate required.
• Submit the completed applicationbefore the deadline established by the respective National Liaison Office (ONE).
Candidates areresponsible for checking this date with their respective ONE.
Please Note: If you were awarded an OAS ProfessionalDevelopment Scholarship in the past twelve (12) months or if you currently holdan OAS Scholarship for Academic Studies, you are NOT eligible to apply foranother Professional Development Scholarship.
11. Criteria:OAS scholarships are awarded in accordance with thecriteria established in the Manual of Procedures and Scholarships.
12. Scholarship Benefits: The OAS/CITEL and the Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Capacitaciónde Telecomunicaciones of the Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (INICTEL-UNI) will covertuition costs for selected candidates.
13. Certification: TheOAS/CITEL and the National Telecommunication Research and Training Institute ofthe National University of Engineering (INICTEL-UNI) will award a certificateto all participants (available in electronic form) on the completion andapproval of the course.
14. Responsibilityof the Selected Candidates:
• The selected candidates must confirmtheir acceptance to the Department of Human Development, Education andEmployment –DDHEE- through therepresentation of the General Secretariat of the OAS in their own country and ONE, in such a way that the OAS can makethe necessary arrangements or nominate an alternate candidate if a studentrefuses the scholarship.
• After being selected, the candidatesmust accept the scholarship by confirming their availability for the course tothe Department of Human Development, Education and Employment during theestablished period and under the conditions of study that will be givenafterwards.
• The selected candidates must formally accept the ProfessionalDevelopment scholarship by completing and signing the "ScholarshipAcceptance Form" that the Department of Human Development and Educationwill send to your e-mail address. The DHDEE shall make the necessaryarrangements only after it has received this form duly signed.
• If the selected candidate resigns, cancels or terminates scholarship after the program/course has started without presenting enough evidence as to the cause to the GS/OAS, she/he must refund to the GS/OAS all expenses incurred for him/her.
• In case the selected candidate has accepted the scholarship but cannot attend the course due to justifiable reasons, he/she must notify immediately the Department of Human Development and Education so it can decide the actions to be taken.
• Both access to the equipment (computer)and the costs of communications (access to the Internet and e-mail) shall becovered by the student.
Technical assistance will begiven from the course.
15. Submissionof applications:
1. Select the course: http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/professionaldev.asp
2. After reading the course information fully, click "Continuar/Continue" at the end of the page.
3. Fill out the application form.
4. After filling out the application form, click "Enviar/Send” at the end of page 5.
5. A copy of the application form will be automatically sent to your email address.
6. Print and sign the application form sent to your email.
7. Submit the signed form and the documents stipulated in the announcement, along with the official OAS documents, that you will find in the following link:http://www.oas.org/es/becas/PDSP/Formularios_becas_PDSP.pdf to the National Liaison office of your country: http://www.oas.org/es/becas/programaregular/one.asp
Any questions regarding submission of applications for this courseshould be sent to: PDSP@oas.org
OAS member states:
Antigua y Barbuda
Bahamas (Commonwealth de las)
Dominica (Commonwealth de)
Estados Unidos de América
Saint Kitts y Nevis
San Vicente y las Granadinas
Trinidad y Tobago
Venezuela (República Bolivariana de Venezuela)